Application / Renewal Fees
We take debit card/credit card or e-check payments.
Online payment: https://agr.mt.gov/OrganicPayOnline
or call (406) 444-7804 or (406) 329-1345 to make a payment.
- Operations with gross Organic sales less than $20,000: $600
- Operations with gross Organic sales of $20,001 - 40,000: $700
- Operations with gross Organic sales of $40,001-100,000: $800
- Operations with gross Organic sales of $100,001-250,000: $900
- Operations with gross Organic sales of $250,001-500,000: $1,000
- Operations with gross Organic sales of $500,001-1,000,000: $1,250
- Operations with gross Organic sales greater than $1,000,000: $1,500
Producer/Handler Allowance: If applying for both categories, subtract: -$115
New Application Credit: For first-time applicants, subtract -$100
$200 for renewals after March 15 for Producers, OR
$200 for renewals after September 15 for Handlers
Not applicable for new producers / handlers.
- Certified Producer operations pay an annual assessment fee based on their level of gross annual sales of organic products in addition to the annual application fee.
- Certified Handling operations pay an annual assessment fee based on their level of gross annual sales of and handling charges for organic products.
- Assessments are charged according to the following schedule:
- Operations must pay a minimum assessment fee of: $150
- Operations must pay: 0.5% of sales
- Operations have a $5,000 maximum cap.
Billed at cost of service, plus 10% administrative fee.
- Expedited Services Fee: A surcharge of up to $1,000 may be charged for expedited services depending on the speed, time of year, and resources required. The department may set pricing standards within department policy.
- For Handlers - Product Profile Review Fee for each new/revised label: $35 may be charged
The department shall assess a Collection Fee of 18% annual percentage rate or a minimum fee of $25, whichever is greater, for any un-paid balances not received on or before the last regular business day of the month. The department may require payment of past-due fees prior to providing certification services.