Montana State University Extension Pondera County and Purdue Extension – Bartholomew County are teaming up to provide a webinar series dedicated to helping agricultural producers improve their agriculture communication skills. Adriane Good, from MSU Extension, and Cora Carter, from Purdue Extension, noticed that many farmers and ranchers want to engage with the public and share their story but have difficulties doing so. This webinar series aims to help producers with that, giving them the skills to communicate effectively and present themselves professionally online when engaging with a non-agricultural based public.
- May 13: Media Literacy & Critical Thinking - Beth Forbes, Purdue University
- May 20: Communication & Engagement - Linda Pfeiffer, Purde University
- May 27: Communicating Controversial Topics - Group Discussion
- June 3: Crafting Your Story - Carrie Mess (@dairycarrie)
- June 10: Presenting Yourself Professionally Online - Sara Hollenbeck, High Five Meats
- June 17: Practice Telling Your Story - Group Discussion
Each week’s class will begin at 5 PM MST and last until 6 PM. The webinar series will be hosted via Microsoft Teams, which will allow class participants to interact with each other between sessions. If you are unfamiliar with teams, a video will be distributed to familiarize you with the software. The webinar series is free of charge. Registration can be accessed at puext.in/comm4farm. For more information about the webinar series, contact Adriane Good at 406-271-4054.