How do you become a Noxious Weed Seed Free Forage (NWSFF) Inspector?

  • Stay tuned...online testing will be set up and instructions will be sent to inspectors soon!

Complete the initial certification process by:

  • Read and understand the NWSFF Inspector’s Manual,
  • Review the Department of Agriculture training course,
  • Pass the NWSFF exam with a score of 80% or better, and
  • Be issued an ID number and identification card.

NWSFF Inspectors will be re-certified on an annual basis prior to the growing season. Recertify by:

  • Read and understand the NWSFF Inspector's Manual,
  • Review the Department of Agriculture re-certification course,
  • Send and email to certifiedforage@mt.gov when complete,
  • Be issued a new identification card.

Please contact Andrew Lam, 444-7819 or andrew.lam@mt.gov for additional questions or information.