Market Manager Resources
Note: If you are looking for marketing or outreach for your market, see the Marketing your Market page. If you want to suggest more online market manager resources, email them to email@example.com. The links below will automatically open in a new tab in your web browser.
Starting a Farmers Market
Update Your Farmers Market Listing
- If you see updates that need to be made to your listing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once updated, email email@example.com to let us know so that we can update your listing in Montana Department of Agriculture and other partner materials.
New! Conference Resources
Vendors selling anything with roots in soil? Check out Nursery Licensing requirements:
Vendors selling Produce? Licensing requirements and produce safety inspection/education:
Vendor Communication & Recruitment
General Farmers Market Resources & Help:
- Montana Produce Availability Chart: A month-by-month listing of available produce in typical Montana markets.
- Farmers Markets - Market and Business Guide: This publication, developed by the National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT), is a resource for those who want to organize a farmers market, to improve an existing market, or to increase their sales.
- Free Webinars: From the Michigan Farmers Market Association, topics covered include Economic Development, Food Access, and more.
- Farmers Market Metrics from the Farmers Market Coalition: The Farmers Market Coalition (FMC) worked with market and research partners to develop a complete evaluation & data communication system for farmers markets, known as Farmers Market Metrics (FMMetrics). FMMetrics is driven by the need for efficient farmers market management tools, that can also serve to streamline grant reporting.