How to be Certified
Step 1: Fill Out Application Forms (Application, System Plan(s), and Land Application)
Step 2: Application and Fees
- Complete application, sales report (due September 15th for Handlers), appropriate system plans, land applications and submit, with applicable fees, to the Montana Department of Agriculture by March 15th.
Step 3: Information/Documentation
- Respond to any questions regarding your application and supply additional information or documentation if requested.
Step 4: Record Keeping
- Establish and maintain necessary records and documentation of purchased materials, production or handling activities and product sales.
Step 5: Inspection
- Schedule on-site inspection.
- Provide access to all production records and documentation.
- Provide access to all production or handling sites.
Step 6: Updates
- Notify the Department immediately of any changes to system plans (intended or unintended.)
Step 7: Review/Appeal/Correction
- Review certification decision letter and Organic certificate for accuracy.
- Report any discrepancies to the Department.
Published: June 20, 2011 4:57:00 PM MDT.
Last Modified: August 7, 2014 8:06:57 AM MDT