Helping Montana agricultural producers and processors to develop new businesses.
Knowing where to start when developing a new business is key to success.
Below are some resources that can help.
Business Planning, Feasibility, Financing
- Montana Food and Agriculture Development Centers can assist you with food regulations, labeling, financial analysis, funding opportunities, marketing, and much more. The centers are located in Butte, Havre, Joliet, and Ronan.
- Small Business Development Centers provide free, confidential, one-on-one business counseling to small businesses and entrepreneurs
- Montana Growth Through Agriculture grants & loans
- Montana Finance Information Center grants & loans
- Montana State Small Business Credit Initiative Program loans
- Big Sky Economic Development Trust Fund Program grants, Montana Department of Commerce
- Indian Country Economic Development Program grants and loans, Montana Department of Commerce
- MicroBusiness Finance Program loans: Click on the link to learn more.
Regulations & Licensing
For one-on-one assistance with starting up your business, contact the marketing officer listed below or your local Food & Ag Development Center.
Published: Thu Jan 12 15:03:00 MST 2012.
Last Modified: Mon Apr 06 11:06:56 MDT 2015