The Growth Through Agriculture Mini Grant program (Mini Grant program) is a branch of the Montana Growth Through Agriculture program and was authorized by the 2009 Montana Legislature to encourage economic and agricultural development through educational, promotional, marketing, travel and other business activities.
The maximum grant amount for any single application is $2,500.
There are no set deadlines for Mini Grant program applications which will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Applicants should be aware that funding decisions will generally occur 4-6 weeks from receipt of a final application.
Steps to Apply for a Mini Grant
- Read the Mini Grant Background in order to determine whether or not your project is eligible and learn more about the details of the program to begin the application process.
- Contact a local economic development organization, Small Business Development Center or, specifically for food product or farm-based energy business development, the Food and Agricultural Development Center network to discuss your project and for assistance in applying for a Mini Grant.
- Register and apply online. Mini Grant applications are available online through the WebGrant system at fundingmt.org. You may contact program staff to discuss your proposal by email at email@example.com or by phone at 406-444-2402. If you are interested in applying, go to the WebGrant system to register and receive a password that will enable you to fill out and submit an application.
- Register with the Montana Secretary of State. If your company is not already registered with the Montana Secretary of State, you may need to do so before going any further with the application process. Organizations other than Sole Proprietorships must be registered with the Montana Secretary of State prior to submittal of the Mini Grant application.
- Fill out an application. Go to fundingmt.org and login with your username and password. Go through the following steps to open up and start an application.
- Select "Funding Opportunities" from the menu list.
- Select the funding opportunity titled "AGR Growth Through Agriculture Mini Grant SFY 2013" under Opportunity Title.
- To open an application, click "Start a New Application".
If you need assistance, please contact Growth Through Agriculture program staff by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 406-444-2402.