Quick Access

Crop Hail Insurance

Crop Loss Claim


When there is a hail loss it is the participating producers’ responsibility to inform the Hail Insurance Program of the loss within two weeks of the loss occurrence. Send the hail loss claim form to the address on the form, e-mail the form or call the State Hail Insurance office at 844-515-1571 toll free or 406-444-5429.


For additional losses use the link below to print a new form to mail or call the office to report.  When the Hail Insurance Program receives the form an adjuster will be assigned to your claim. The adjuster will contact the producer and schedule a convenient time to inspect the crop for loss.


It is necessary even when you have additional hail insurance to notify the state hail insurance program to ensure that your loss is processed. If the policy premium has been assigned to a crop lien or a charge policy, the premiums will be deducted before a loss payment is issued.


A producer that is dissatisfied or has a question regarding the loss adjustment will be given the opportunity to address the Board of Hail Insurance. Submit your issue or question in writing to the Hail Insurance Program.


Important Deadline:

  • Last date to submit a loss claim is October 1st



Montana State Hail Insurance Program
Montana Department of Agriculture
P.O. Box 200201
Helena, MT 59620-0202
Phone: (406) 444-5429 or (844)515-1571
Fax: (406) 444-9442




Published: Fri Sep 30 10:12:00 MDT 2011.
Last Modified: Mon Aug 22 14:41:00 MDT 2016