Sample Submission Guidelines
- Approval is required to submit samples to the laboratory. Contact 406-994-3383 to obtain approval before shipping any sample(s) to the laboratory.
- Complete the Pesticide Sample Submission Form
- Provide all information requested
- Ensure each sample submitted is uniquely identified
- Vegetation: gallon size Ziploc bag ~ 3/4 full
- Do not include soil or roots of vegetation
- Water: ~2x500mL amber glass bottles 2/3 full
- Soil: ~ 2 to 3 cups in a secure container
- Note: Out of State customers submitting soil to Montana must complete the following: double bag the soil; print and read the USDA Soil Compliance document; mail USDA Soil Compliance document with samples.
- Other: Contact the laboratory for instructions
- Freeze soil and vegetation samples prior to shipping
- Refrigerate water samples prior to shipping
- Use care when packaging to ensure no damage occurs during shipment
- Ship OVERNIGHT on ice or blue ice in a cooler so samples remain refrigerated during shipment
- Ship Monday - Thursday so that samples arrive on a weekday
- DO NOT SHIP ON FRIDAY OR DURING A HOLIDAY
- Sample security is recommended for regulatory or litigation situations
- Notify the laboratory of sample security by checking the box located on the sample submission form
- Sample security insures strict chain-of-custody procedures are followed and a chain-of-custody report is included for each sample with the analytical report
Published: May 10, 2012 10:58:00 AM MDT.
Last Modified: June 20, 2013 11:34:27 AM MDT