Sample Submission Guidelines
- Approval is required to submit samples to the laboratory. Contact 406-994-3383 to obtain approval before shipping any sample(s) to the laboratory.
- Complete the Pesticide Sample Submission Form
- Provide all information requested
- Ensure each sample submitted is uniquely identified
- Estimated sample turn around time is 2-3 weeks but is dependent on the laboratory workload.
- Vegetation: gallon size Ziploc bag ~ 3/4 full
- Do not include soil or roots
- Water: ~2x500mL amber glass bottles 2/3 full
- Soil: ~ 2 to 3 cups in a secure container
- Note: Out of State customers submitting soil to Montana must complete the following: seal the sample in two water tight containers (ziplok bags work for this); print and read the USDA Soil Compliance document; mail USDA Soil Compliance document with samples
- Other: Contact the laboratory
- Freeze soil and vegetation samples prior to shipping
- Refrigerate water samples prior to shipping
- We do not accept samples that have deteriorated or become compromised
- Ship OVERNIGHT on ice or blue ice in a cooler so samples remain refrigerated during shipment
- Ship Monday - Thursday so that samples arrive on a weekday
- DO NOT SHIP ON FRIDAY OR BEFORE A HOLIDAY
- A sample security report is available for regulatory or litigation situations and costs an additional $25/sample
- Notify the laboratory of sample security by checking the box located on the sample submission form
Published: Thu May 10 10:58:00 MDT 2012.
Last Modified: Wed Aug 06 15:54:36 MDT 2014