The purpose of this grant program is to assist in funding community development projects conducted by rural youth organizations such as 4-H to improve the quality of life in rural Montana communities, and to improve interaction between the rural and urban portions of these communities.
- Not to exceed $500 per organization
- To be awarded directly to rural youth organizations such as 4-H;
- An organization will be eligible for only one grant per year;
- Applications for grants must be made to the Montana Department of Agriculture.
- Grants are to assist in funding projects that will improve the quality of life in rural communities. Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to the improvement of community services or community environment; providing direct services to community members, etc.;
- Projects must be planned and conducted by youth members of organizations with the guidance of organization leaders or community leaders;
- Preference will given to proposals that show community involvement in the planning process. Examples of this include involvement with local government officials; civic, religious, and service organizations; government resources; educators; the media, etc.; and
- Preference will be given to organizations that can obtain additional grant funds from within their communities and can show adequate resources to complete the project.
Agricultural Finance Program
302 N Roberts
Helena, MT 59601
Phone: (406) 444-5420
Fax: (406) 444-9442
Published: September 29, 2011 11:08:00 AM MDT.
Last Modified: August 22, 2016 2:48:00 PM MDT