Quick Access

Commercial Feeds



All commercial feed distributors, feed manufactures and those whose name appears on the label of a commercial feed as guarantor, must obtain a license before conducting business in or into Montana. Each place of business, manufacturing facility, distribution point or point of invoicing must have a license. Annual licensing must be obtained before January 1st of each year.



Annual Commercial Feed Tonnage Report (Feed Annual Inspection Fee)

Each business that holds a license, except pet/specialty pet food manufacturers and guarantors, must report by January 31st of each year a Commercial Feed Tonnage Report setting forth the number of tons of commercial feeds distributed in this state during the preceding calendar year.


*for Tonnage Reporting Forms, please contact Feed/Fertilizer Program Specialist Falina Hutchinson using the contact information below


Annual Feed Facility License

$75 - Renewal, received before January 1

$100 - Late Renewal received after January 1

$100 - New location or new applicants


Feed Annual Inspection Fee

$0.18 per ton





Falina Hutchinson
Feed/Fertilizer Program Specialist
Montana Department of Agriculture
302 N Roberts
Helena, MT 59601
Phone: (406) 444-5415
E-mail: FHutchinson@mt.gov
Fax: (406) 444-9466

Commodity Services Bureau

Montana Department of Agriculture
302 N Roberts
Helena, MT 59601
Phone: (406) 444-3730
E-mail: agr@mt.gov
Fax: (406) 444-9466


Published: Thu Oct 20 14:58:00 MDT 2011.
Last Modified: Thu Sep 22 09:11:46 MDT 2016