Agricultural Development Division
To enhance, expand and diversify Montana's agricultural economy, thereby improving the general economy of the state of Montana by providing services, which include market and agri-business development, Growth Through Agriculture grants and loans, wheat and barley research and marketing, agriculture loans, beginning farmer/rancher loans, hail insurance, grain grading and inspection, agriculture literacy and outreach, and administration of agricultural commodity research and market development programs.
Agricultural Marketing & Business Development Bureau:
- Assist in increasing sales of Montana's agricultural products and the success and profitability of agricultural businesses and operations, both domestically and internationally.
- Provide technical assistance to help Montana’s agricultural producers capture more of the value of their products, and retain more money in Montana’s communities by helping develop Montana-owned and operated processing and other value-adding businesses.
- Strengthen and diversify Montana's agricultural industry through activities promoting private/public sector partnerships.
- Provide financial assistance for the development and commercialization of new agricultural products and processes.
- Provide support to the Agriculture Development Council and administer the Growth Through Agriculture program.
Rural Development Bureau:
- Provide basic hail insurance coverage through the State Hail Insurance Program on crops grown in Montana so producers have an affordable hail loss protection option.
- Provide support and growth to Montana agriculture by administering the Agriculture Finance and Commodity Research and Market Development programs.
- Assist in the economic development and welfare of Montana agriculture.
- Increase awareness of the importance of agriculture in Montana through educational outreach to schools.
State Grain Laboratory Bureau
- Provide timely, official, objective and accurate test results to buyers and sellers of Montana grain under standards set by the USDA Federal Grain Inspection Service.
- Provide timely, official, sampling services and testing of other Montana commodities.
Wheat & Barley Bureau:
- Provide education and information about Montana’s wheat and barley production.
- Determine avenues for market promotion.
- Examine transportation issues and barriers to shipping Montana grain.
- Support and participate in grain buyer, consumer, and education events.
- Carry out all research and marketing contemplated by Title 80, Chapter 11, part 2, MCA.
Published: November 13, 2012 3:30:00 PM MST.
Last Modified: January 30, 2013 9:01:11 AM MST