Organic Producer Application Forms - Required for Certification
Organic Livestock System Plan - Required for Certification
Please Note: The Ruminant Livestock Organic System Plan forms previously in use have been replaced with the Mammalian Livestock Organic System Plan forms available below due to new National Organic Program rules. Contact the Organic Program with any questions.
Fill out only the sections that pertain to your operation.
Organic Land Application Forms
We can now take debit card/credit card payments over the phone. Please call (406) 444-7804 to make a payment.
New producer applications may be submitted at any time and are not subject to the late fee.
Application Fees (submitted with the application)
Download the Producer Application Fee Schedule as an MS Word document or as a PDF document.
- Base Fee
- Operations with gross Organic sales charges less than $20,000: $600
- Operations with gross Organic sales charges of $20,001 - 40,000: $700
- Operations with gross Organic sales charges of $40,001-100,000: $800
- Operations with gross Organic sales charges of $100,001-250,000: $900
- Operations with gross Organic sales charges of $250,001-500,000: $1,000
- Operations with gross Organic sales charges of $500,001-1,000,000: $1,250
- Operations with gross Organic sales charges greater than $1,000,000: $1,500
- Producer/Handler Allowance (if applying for both categories) subtract: -$115
- New Application Credit (for first-time applicants) subtract: -$100
- Livestock Fee: $100
- Late Fee: $200 for renewals after March 15
- Applications to renew producer certification are due by March 15th annually.
- An additional $100 late fee applies for each additional month past April 15th.
Certified Producer operations pay an annual assessment fee based on their level of gross annual sales of organic products. Assessments are charged according to the following schedule:
- Operations must pay a minimum assessment fee of: $150
- Operations must pay: 0.5% of sales
- Operations will pay a maximum of: $5,000
Billed at cost of service, plus 10% administrative fee.
- Expedited Services Fee: A surcharge of up to $1,000 may be charged for expedited services depending on the speed, time of year, and resources required. The department may set pricing standards within department policy.
The department shall assess a Collection Fee of 18% annual percentage rate or a minimum fee of $25, whichever is greater, for any un-paid balances not received on or before the last regular business day of the month. The department may require payment of past-due fees prior to providing certification services.