2012 Montana Crop Tours, Field Days & Farm Tours
The Montana Department of Agriculture encourages farmers to take advantage of the opportunity to view research and demonstration plots and visit with researchers and industry experts at various crop tours and field days this summer and fall.
- June 14th 10:00 – 12:00 MSU Cover Crop Cocktail Field Day, Amsterdam. Check the MSU website for more information or contact Clain Jones at (406) 944-6076. MSU would like attendees to RSVP by June 11th by contacting the Gallatin Conservation District at (406) 522-4011.
- June 19th 9:00 MSU Central Ag Research Center Field Day, Moccasin. For more information, call (406) 423-5421.
- June 20th 9:00 MSU Southern Ag Research Center Field Day, Huntley. For more information, call (406) 348-3400.
- June 20th 9:45 - 3:30 USDA NRCS / Montana Salinity Control Association Soil Health & Cover Crop Tour, Conrad NRCS Field Office. For more information, call Stacy Eneboe at (406) 278-7611 or Jane Holzer at (406) 278-3071.
- June 26th 1:30 Big Horn County Crop Tour, Hardin. For more information, contact Dale Cederberg (CPS Agrium) at (406) 665-3552. The tour features various rotation crops and direct seeding into tall stripper-header stubble.
- June 28th MSU Western Ag Research Center Field Day, Corvallis. For more information, call (406) 961-3025.
- July 12th MSU Northern Ag Research Center Field Day, Havre. For more information, call (406) 265-6115.
- July 18th 8:30 – 3:30 MSU Post Research Farm Crops & Weeds Field Day, Bozeman. Check the MSU press release for more information. MSU would like attendees to pre-register by July 14th by contacting Hilary Parkinson at (406) 994-6297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 18th 9:00 Northeast Montana Pulse Plot Tour, Richland Fertilizer Plant. For more information, call Shelley Mills at (406) 228-6241 or check the Valley County MSU Extension website.
- July 19th MSU Eastern Ag Research Center Field Day, Sidney. For more information, call (406) 433-2208.
- July 19th 6:00PM Roosevelt County Swank Farm Wheat Variety Trials Tour, North of Poplar. For more information, contact Ann Ronning at (406) 787-5312.
- July 20th 9:00 Valley County Wheat & Durum Variety Trials Tour, Valley County Courthouse. For more information, call Shelley Mills at (406) 228-6241 or check the Valley County MSU Extension website.
- July 21st 10:00 On-Farm Safflower Processing Open House, The Oil Barn, Big Sandy. For more information contact Andrew Long (406) 378-2106 or email@example.com.
- July 24th 11:00 – 2:00 SARE 2011 Producer Research & Education Grant Farm Tour: Organic Control of Perennial Weeds With Vinegar & Biologicals, Bob Herdegan Ranch - south of Chinook. For more information, contact Jess Alger at (406) 799-3528.
- July 25th MSU Northwestern Ag Research Center Field Day, Creston. For more information, call (406) 755-4303.
- August 9th Montana Organic Association Farm to Market Tour, 10:00 McAlpine Cattle Ranch (Valier), 1:30 Prairie Heritage Farm (Conrad) & 4:30 2J's Fresh Market (Great Falls). Register by 8/4/12 by calling (406) 868-0513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information check the Montana Organic Association website.
- October 20th 10:00 - 3:00 Dawson County MSU Extension High Tunnel Produce Production Tour - Rice Farm, 21 miles north of Glendive on Highway 16. $10 registration fee. For more information contact Bruce Smith (406) 377-4277 or email@example.com
For Additions, Changes, or Corrections, please contact:
(406) 444-2402 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES!
Published: June 8, 2012 1:40:00 PM MDT.
Last Modified: October 12, 2012 12:05:18 PM MDT