The Central Services Division (CSD) provides departmental services to help all programs within the department serve agriculture stakeholders including consumers, producers and businesses.
These services include:
- fiscal management
- technology support
- director's office
- human resources
- public information
- records management
- legal support
Central Servicies Division Goal
Assist management and staff of the Montana Department of Agriculture in meeting the department’s mission by providing efficient, knowledgeable, and cost-effective customer service.
Central Servicies Division Objectives
- Develop, interpret and maintain policies and procedures that are responsive to the needs of the department and which comply with state and federal regulations and legislative intent.
- Monitor recruitment and selection of employees to ensure a professional, diverse, and responsible workforce.
- Provide timely and accurate financial information consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and State accounting policy.
- Communicate, support and provide clear goals to employees for purposes of retention and performance management.
- Provide systems analysis, software development, networking, GIS support, data management, cybersecurity, and business informatics expertise necessary to meet current and future information technology needs.